Sean Keith talks about the opportunities and challenges of using blockchain technology in future gaming.
Sean Keith is the head of business development at Bitguild. In this interview, he discusses the future of blockchain technology in gaming, both in terms of blockchain-specific games, and in terms of blockchain being used as a layer in mainstream games. He outlines some of the best use cases for blockchain technology in gaming, and the challenges to getting there.
What we cover in this episode:
- Long term health of blockchain gaming
- Cross-over between blockchain games and large-scale games
- The possibility of gaming being used as a test environment for the real world
- Creating simple user experiences as a necessary condition for blockchain adoption in the gaming space
- The opportunities that blockchain creates that haven’t existed in gaming before
- Importance of interoperability of gaming items and characters
- What gets traditional gamers to start thinking about blockchain gaming
- Blockchain technology used as a layer within games
- The opportunity to be a part of a development that moves humanity forward